When referring to “personal information”, we mean information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Your name, address and phone number are examples of personal information.
We may collect personal information about you, such as:
- your name, gender, age/date of birth, email address, address and contact telephone number,
- if you are purchasing products through one of our websites, your payment details, such as your PayPal and credit card information,
When and why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information to allow us to conduct our business functions, to market and sell our products and services and for the specified purposes set out in “Use and disclosure of personal information”, below.
We may collect your personal information:
- in the course of providing you with goods or services,
- when you visit our Website (see “Information collected via our Website”, below),
- when you buy our products or services,
- when you register for or use an account on our Website,
- when you request information about us, our products or our services,
- when you provide feedback,
- when you fill in a form on our Website,
- in the course of conducting or administering our relationship with you,
- when you enter competitions,
- when you subscribe to email newsletters,
- when you contact us by telephone, fax, email, post or in person.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
This information may be collected by us and by our third party service providers including those who assist us in operating the Website.
Information collected via our Website
In common with many websites, when you read, browse or download information from our Website, we or our internet service provider may also collect information such as the date and time of your visit to the Website, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration, maintenance and improvement purposes only.
Like many websites, our Website may use “cookies” from time to time. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. Any such information will be aggregated and not linked to particular individuals. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer always allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
We use Google Analytics to help analyse how you use our Website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of our Website. Google will store this information. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personal information of visitors to our Website. We will not associate any data gathered from this Website with any personal information from any source as part of our use of Google Analytics.
If you do not want your Website visit data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
While we take great care to protect your personal information on our Website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
Third party content (eg social media links)
Some of the content on our Website includes applications made available by third parties, such as social media buttons or links that allow you to share content or links to our Website through the relevant third party platforms. These third party applications themselves may facilitate collection of information by those third parties, through your interaction with the applications and sometimes even if you do not interact directly with them. We are not responsible for the technical operation of these applications or the collection and use practices of the relevant third parties. Please visit the relevant third party websites to understand their privacy practices and options they may make available to you in relation to their collection of your personal information.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- for the purposes for which it was collected, such as to enable you to participate in on-line competitions and other activities on this Website,
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure, to email you newsletters or other updates (if you have requested to receive them), to promote and market our products and services to you or provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you and provide you with information, products or services you have requested, including to send invoice or delivery tracking details, to share your personal information with our related bodies corporate, business partners and selected third parties, including our service providers who assist us in providing this Website, for administrative purposes including research, planning, service development, security and risk management, where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in TigerHead Toys,
- where required or authorised by law, which may include product safety recalls, emergency situations and assisting law enforcement agencies,
- to manage and administer any account you may hold with us, to personalise and customise your experiences on our Website,
- to monitor the products which are of interest to particular demographics and to otherwise conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services, to enable you to participate in activities such as:
- entering competitions,
- subscribing to email newsletters, and
- responding to questions about our products and services, and
You consent to us using your personal information in the above ways.
We may collect and use your personal information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect or use your personal information.
We do not otherwise disclose your personal information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any applicable product safety legislation.
To whom we disclose your personal information
TigerHead Toys may disclose, or provide access to, your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described in “Use and disclosure of personal information”, above. Depending on the nature of your engagement with us, we may disclose your personal information to our related entities, to third parties that provide products and services to us or through us, or to other third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to our:
- Website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances (for example when our Website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner), and
- where you have provided your personal information to use as part of a product safety recall, to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and other regulatory bodies in relation to a product safety recall.
Some of your personal information may be transferred, stored, processed or used overseas by us or by third party service providers. This may happen if our related entities are overseas, if we outsource certain activities overseas or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. You consent to the collection, use, storage, and processing of your personal information outside of Australia.
You consent to us using your personal information for sending you information, including promotional material, about us or our products and services, as well as the products and services of our related entities, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of email.
If you decide that you no longer want the newsletters or other updates then please use the unsubscribe feature set out in the email or write to us, using any of the contact details set out in “Contacting us and further information”, below.
Security of personal information
Irrespective of whether personal information is stored electronically or in hard copy form, we take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Any personal information that is collected via our Website or which is held on our computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryption etc) and procedural methods (such as scanning, alerts and monitoring).
Accessing and updating your personal information
You are entitled to access personal information that we hold about you. If you request access to your personal information, in ordinary circumstances we will give you full access to your personal information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access.
An access fee may be charged where permitted by law. In certain circumstances, we may not be required by law to provide you with access or to correct your personal information. If we refuse your request to access your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal unless we have a reason permitted by law not to provide you with reasons.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information provided to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Please contact us in any of the ways specified in “Contacting us and further information”, below, if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Contacting us and further information
If you would like to:
- make a request to access or correct any personal information we hold about you,
- make a complaint in relation to a breach of your privacy, or
- opt out of direct marketing,
please contact our Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
- by mail to:
The Privacy Officer
TigerHead Toys Limited
Room 711, 7/F., Peninsula
Centre 67 Mody Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon, Hong Kong
by email to email@example.com
Please provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. We will investigate your queries and complaints within a reasonable period of time of receiving the complaint and will notify you of the outcome of our investigation.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of TigerHead Toys who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. These services will respect your browser’s Do Not Track signals (or other well-established, commercially available mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information). If we receive a Do Not Track notice, we will stop using any personal information for online behavioural advertising purposes.
What kind of information does TigerHead Toys collect?
Information provided by Children
Children may view much of the Websites’ content without registering or providing personal information (for example, first and last name, e-mail or postal address or telephone number (collectively, “Personal Information”). TigerHead Toys may collect a Child’s e-mail address under the following limited one-time use circumstances:
- if your Child sends a request to us, we will keep their e-mail address to respond to them. We will then delete their e-mail address from our system once we have responded to them;
- if your Child enters a competition, sweepstakes or contest, we will ask the Child to give us the Parent’s e-mail address, too, so that we can tell the Parent that the Child has registered for the competition. If we need more than the Child’s e-mail address and first name (or screen name) to enter your Child in the competition, sweepstakes or contest, we will notify you, explain what information we need and ask that the Parent provide it. For example, we will ask the Parent for his or her mailing address so that we can send, for your Child, any prizes the Child wins, or for his or her telephone number so that we can tell the Parent when the Child has won. Any information a Parent or the Child gives us in these circumstances will be deleted from our database once the competition, sweepstakes or contest is concluded, and after any legally required period for keeping such information has ended.
Other than the one-time use exceptions set out above, if a Child registers to provide more than just the Child’s e-mail address in order for the Child to participate in a particular activity, such as receiving e-mail newsletters or samples or tracking products, we will ask the Child for the Parent’s e-mail address so that we can notify the Parent of the Child’s request and obtain the Parent’s permission. When we ask for the Parent’s permission, we will tell the Parent what we will do with the information the Parent or Child provides us. We will not keep the Child’s e-mail address unless the Parent gives us permission to do so.
Information collected through the use of our Websites
How May Parents Access Children’s Personal Information?
If a Parent no longer wishes the Child to participate in an activity offered through our Websites, such as an e-mail newsletter, simply click on the opt out link that is provided or contact us at privacy@ TigerHead Toys.com.au. Upon proper identification, a Parent may review the Personal Information we have collected about the Child, request deletion, or refuse to allow further collection or use of that information. When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from our active databases and deleted after any legally required period for keeping such information has ended.
What Does TigerHead Toys Do With The Information We Collect?
Does TigerHead Toys Share Any Information?
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Website and provide us with your information at your risk.